Veterans! D-Day Conneaut
veterans, volunteer, reenactor, visitors and City of Conneaut residents:
VETERANS! D-DAY CONNEAUT WELCOMES YOU!
Honored Veteran of World War Two and/or the Korean Era,
You are cordially invited to a return of our 2022 Veterans program at D-Day Conneaut!
Betsy Bashore, CEO / Leader
- The dates for the Veteran
Program for our 23rd annual
event are Thursday (limited
transportation), August 18,
Friday August 19, and Saturday
August 20, 2022. We hope you can
join us this year for another
memorable event as we
commemorate the 78th Anniversary
- Like in 2019 and 2021, our
Veteran Parking Area is located
at the Conneaut High School at
381 Mill Street, Conneaut, Ohio
- Veterans drop off (if your
companion wishes to drop you off
at the Park and then park in our
walking-distance parking lot) is
at the corner of Lake Road and
- As in the year’s past, transportation to and from our Veterans Parking Area and within the park itself will help you get around and enjoy your time at the event. If you are physically able to get around on your own, then consider coming on Thursday too.
- Refreshments will be
available at the Veterans
Hospitality tent. · Our annual
Veteran Program begins at 9:00
a.m. each day with veteran
reception and registration.
- Each day of the event, our schedule follows the same timetable
The first engagement, an Airborne tactical demonstration, starts at 9:30 a.m.
Demonstrations and talks occur throughout the day
The Normandy Invasion recreation occurs at 3:00 p.m.
- Reserved seating is available for you and a guest for the tactical recreations.
- Weather permitting, those wanting to take a ride on a WWII era Higgins boat will depart the veterans’ area around 11:00 a.m. each day for a brief harbor tour aboard one of our watercraft. What you decide to attend is entirely up to you!
- On Saturday, after the landing, you are welcomed to attend our spaghetti dinner at New Leaf Methodist Church until 7:00 p.m., and in the evening, our USO Dance begins at 8:00 p.m. at the same location.
- If you would like to share your experience while in service or during WWII, please contact Luke at (440) 228-8594. We want to hear your story! Throughout each day we will have program times for veterans’ recollections. Speakers may include veterans and wartime workers, spouses and/or their children.
- If you are from out of town and need help to find suitable lodging we have a short list of available lodging for your consideration. Thank you so much! All the best and we hope to see you in August as we commemorate your service at D-Day Conneaut 2022! For additional information email
firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Luke at: 440-228-8594.
Copyright D-Day Ohio, Inc. © All rights reserved.